Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

British, London based

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Tax panic

I bunked off rowing today, and not just because I've decided I'm not going to Philly.

I know this is probably highly uninteresting to anyone except myself, but this morning I got an incredibly annoying letter from UVA with a corrected W-2 (statement of 2004 earnings) enclosed. This means that the tax return I filled in last week is completely wrong and has to be redone and resubmitted. (The tax deadline in the US is April 15th, ie this Friday ...) It seems that for the third year running, UVA has incorrectly treated me like a US permanent resident and deducted all kinds of irritating stuff they shouldn't have done. I love how when it comes to tax, everyone wants to treat me like a US permanent resident: but when it comes to visas etc, it's a whole different story.

So I've spent the whole afternoon (which, along with rowing, I had originally earmarked for searching for new articles about corporate social responsibility for Spekman's journal article - not an intensely thrilling task but necessary in order to eat) in a complete panic, rummaging around my tax forms trying to recalculate the figures all over again.

***

I am concerned about the whereabouts of spring. It made a brief showing earlier this week and has disappeared again. If anyone finds it, please let me know: I slept under two duvets last night. I feel for the guys out walking the AT right now.

***

Ralph Lauren has come to town, in the shape of a store called Rugby. Rugby stores, according to the Boston Herald, are a new RL brand aimed at the 18-24 yr old college crowd, and this one is one of only three in the entire world. Until now, the only thing Middleofnowheresville is famous for when it comes to shopping, is that its main mall is the setting for a terrorist attack in the latest John Grisham novel. This might make it seem an odd choice. But apparently RL honchos have decided that, along with Boston and Chapel Hill, NC, we have an abnormally high concentration of students who can afford to drop $80-$300 on cashmere sweaters.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, the play is really supposed to be under wraps until broadcast date, though I know none of you (either of you?) would spill the beans...

So it ain't there no more. Pictures of Alex's godson are though, and they are much more interesting.

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top of the British Blogs