Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

British, London based

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Odd Tunes

Boxes packed today = 0, it was looking like rain.

***

So I was just on my way home from the bank, when I heard a song on the car radio which sounded rather unusual. Now I was tuned to 99.7, a country music station, and admittedly an awful lot of country songs are either a) depressing b) very depressing or c) about a woman on death row about to die from lethal injection (viz Loretta Lynn on Van Lear Rose, complete with Mr Cheerful Jack White Stripes on guitar). But here is a brief taste of the lyrics to this one:

I hear people saying we don't need this war/I say there's some things worth fighting for/What about our freedom and this piece of ground?/We didn't get to keep 'em by backing down

CHORUS Have you forgotten how it felt that day/To see your homeland under fire/And her people blown away?/Have you forgotten when those towers fell?/We had neighbors still inside/Going through a living hell/And you say we shouldn't worry 'bout Bin Laden/Have you forgotten?

Music has got very odd. I think people are running out of possible word combinations.

***

Today I applied for a(nother) job I don't want to do, in a place I don't want to live; however I am perfectly well qualified to do it.

***
I have nothing more to say today. There is nothing left to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top of the British Blogs