Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

British, London based

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Wednesday's Child

Number of boxes packed today: 0
Temperature: 83 degrees F.

***

Technically today should be full of woe, because it's Wednesday. But tomorrow looks like it is the candidate of woeful day of the week.

The first bad thing that is happening tomorrow is that I am going to the dentist. I cannot remember the last time I went to the dentist: I am ashamed to confess that we're talking years not months. However, I do have several excellent excuses:

1) Shortly after I moved to Nowheresville, I was tricked into accompanying TheDentist as his date to the Annual Nowheresville Dentists Association Christmas Party. What I saw there did not hasten my signing up to a local dentist.
2) I find it extremely disconcerting to be prevented from talking in anxious situations.
3) I had a lot of bad experiences as a child (NHS dentistry was never known for its compassion or artistry).
4) I am British, and everyone knows we have bad teeth (look at Tony Blair, KiltGuy, etc)

Anyway, I finally succumbed to making an appointment with a dentist in March when I learned that LandladyLynn is a patient of the Numero Uno dentist in town. His name is Larry Brannon, and he was not at the Dentists Christmas Party. Officially he will not take new patients, but LandladyLynn has been a patient of his for 14 years and she got me in to see him. I've only had to wait two and a half months for my appointment: I suppose in that respect it is comfortingly reminiscent of home. What will NOT be reminiscent of home is that this guy is expensive. You may go home with great teeth, but you will be missing an arm and a leg.

***

The other reason tomorrow is a woeful day is that SapphiretheCat has been diagnosed with diabetes. He is due to go to the vet for his initiation into what will be a twice daily regime of insulin shots. Poor LandladyLynn is terribly upset. However, given that the alternative diagnosis would have been kidney failure, I guess it could be a lot worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top of the British Blogs