Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

British, London based

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Friday, May 20, 2005

Moving thoughts

Top 10 Reasons I am not going to be popular in London

1) I won't concur when gratuitously nasty things are said about Bush or the Republicans
2) I will keep exclaiming over the price of things.
3) I will say "like" a lot.
4) I may be heard to say "trash", "gas" and "elevator".
5) I will wear cowboy boots and listen to country music.
6) When not in cowboy boots, I dress like Barbie.
7) In restaurants, I will request iced water, menu substitutions, and dressing on the side.
8) I drive too slowly.
9) I split my infinitives.
10) My favourite phrase is "yes, may-yam"

The Single Reason why I will be popular in London

1) I've learned to always tip 20%

***

Today some people who I'd applied to about a job asked me for a writing sample. Normally when this happens I send off one of my cases or something. But this time I sent Vince's obituary. It was a job in New Jersey, and it seems appropriate that his name be known throughout his home state.

***

I heard today that there are some people who are bored by my blog. To these people, I would say, 1) you know where the Post Comment button is and 2) if you really don't like it, please do yourself a favour and stop reading.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am quite happy to forgive you for not being rabidly anti-Bush like wot I am, as long as you tip me 20% each time.

Although I'm struggling with: 20% of what?

Apologies that I haven't yet replied elsewhere. I am still thinking.

9:54 AM  
Blogger alranson said...

About F & O?

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am always thinking about F&O. Although I actually meant your Marlows & pressure comment.

10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top of the British Blogs