Name:
Location: London, United Kingdom

British, London based

Rate Me on BlogHop.com!
the best pretty good okay pretty bad the worst help?

Monday, June 27, 2005

Hot as Hades

It is so hot (41 degrees in the shade, closer to 45 in the sun according to the weather gauge) that I have, in a fit of environmental consciousness, taken to having solar powered showers (ie from the garden hose on the deck). But today the water in the hose was SO hot that I was almost scalded: I might have to have a rethink.

***
American TV is so unsubtle. Whereas in the UK we disguise our hard hitting documentaries under generic titles like "One Story" or "The Visit" etc etc, here no punches are pulled to drag in an audience. Perfect example last night: "The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off".

2 Comments:

Blogger Quinn said...

It's as hot as Hades here as well, though I don't expect it will last.

How long have you been out of the UK? Thanks to Channel 5, (I mean five!), we get that sort of thing here as well. I think we have already had "The Boy Whose Skin Fell Off", aswell as "The Woman With The 50 Stone Tumour". Doesn't leave much to the imagination!

12:57 PM  
Blogger alranson said...

I was gone for three years and I totally missed the rebranding of Channel Five!

I do love British reality documentaries though: they are usually much more interesting psychologically than US ones, which are largely based on how stupid and spoiled celebrities are. I am particularly in love with Bad Lad's Army right now on ITV....

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Top of the British Blogs